Friday, September 25, 2009

Like Spinning Discs #2: Eight Legs

In our 2nd edition of Like Spinning Discs, Darryl Marsden asks Jack Garside from Eight Legs to choose his 5 albums of choice. Eight Legs release new single I Understand on 5th October before playing a small UK tour.


If you could only take 5 LP's or EP's into a nuclear bunker to listen to as we all slowly blow each other up, which would you choose and why?

Nirvana - Nevermind
This goes without saying I guess, but this was my first taste of alternative music. Dave Grohl is one of my heroes and one of the reasons i started drumming.

Radiohead - OK Computer
This was the first and still is now one of the only albums i can give 10/10. It has stand out singles on it but you do it an injustice if you dont listen to it from start to finish. Electioneering is my favourite song of all time.

The Strokes - Is This It
The Strokes were for me the pioneers of 'indie music' of today. I was 14 when it came out and i was obsessed with it. I love the production on the album, Fab makes me hard.

The Libertines - Up The Bracket
I got introduced to them by Sams dad. I loved Horrorshow and when I was 15 Sam and I bunked off school to go down to their London Forum gigs. It was our first time in London and we got served at the bar and got really pissed. So i played the album over and over from then on.

Blink 182 - Enema Of The State
The fact that this record has sold over 15 million copies sets it aside from the crowd. Enema Of The State absolutly changed my life, it was produced by the late, great Jerry Finn and defined the sound of modern punk. It gave this band the platform to become one of the most successful bands in the world.

[VIDEO] Eight Legs - I Understand
[SPOTIFY] Nirvana - Nevermind
[SPOTIFY] Radiohead - OK Computer
[SPOTIFY] The Strokes - Is This It
[SPOTIFY] The Libertines - Up The Bracket